The welding cable is an insulated wire connecting the welder, welding tongs (gun), weldment, etc., and should have the following safety.
(1) The welding cable should have good electrical conductivity and an insulating outer layer. Generally, it is made of a copper core (multi-strand thin wire) wire outer rubber insulation sleeve, and the insulation resistance is not less than IMN.
(2) Light and soft can be bent and twisted arbitrarily, easy to operate.
(3) The welding cable should have good resistance to mechanical damage, oil resistance, heat resistance , and corrosion resistance.
(4) The length of the welding cable should be determined according to the specific circumstances. Too long a voltage drop increases, too short
The work is inconvenient, and the general cable length is 20-30mm.
(5) Have an appropriate cross-sectional area. The cross-sectional area of the welding cable should be based on the size of the welding current.
Selected. In order to ensure that the wire does not overheat and burn the insulation layer, the cable cross-section, and the maximum operating current.
(6) If the welding cable is applied to the whole root, there should be no joint in the middle. If you need to use a short wire to connect, you must not exceed 2 connectors.
When connecting the cable, the connector should be firmly connected, and the connection should be well insulated.
(7) It is strictly forbidden to use the metal mechanism, pipeline, track or other metal of the workshop as a guide.
(8) Do not place the welding cable next to the hot weld metal near the arc to avoid burning the insulation.
Floor. At the same time, it is also necessary to avoid rolling and abrasion. Welding cables are prohibited from coming into contact with flammable materials such as oil and grease.
If you feel that the article is satisfactory, please share it. You are welcome to comment below.